Champaign Central Chronicle

The Student News Site of Champaign Central High School

Champaign Central Chronicle

Champaign Central Chronicle

Super Bowl Reactions

Picture is from the 2013 Beyonce Super Bowl halftime show

The Super Bowl was held in Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas Nevada. The Chiefs played the 49ers on February 11th. People all around the U.S. watched the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl traditions are always a part of the fun of watching the Super Bowl. Many people decide to cook food or have a watch party. Super Bowl traditions vary from family to family but every one of them has something in common which is spending time with friends or family. John F. Riegel, an avid sports fan had this to say. “I think that the Super Bowl is about the food and being with friends more than the actual game. We always make something special for the Super Bowl.”

There are always a lot of people who don’t really care about the actual Super Bowl and are just in it for the halftime show or the commercials. The halftime show of the Super Bowl was Usher. Usher is commonly referred to as the king of R&B, with his most famous song being Think Of You. Dawn Riegel, mother of a football fan had this to say. “I like to watch the Super Bowl just to see the halftime show more than just the actual game.”

The Super Bowl was a tough matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. The most important players from each team were Patrick Mahomes who is a super star quarterback and Christian McCaffery who is a superstar running back. Patrick Mahomes’s stats on the season is 4,183 total yards, 27 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions with a 92.6 passer rating. Christian McCaffrey’s stats this season is 1,459 total yards on 272 attempts with an average of 5.4 yards per game. He also has 14 touchdowns on the season. 

The Super Bowl was very close with it going to halftime with a San Francisco ten to three point lead over the Kansas City Chiefs but then it got tied up in the fourth quarter by a San Francisco field goal nineteen to nineteen. The Chiefs came back to win it in overtime with a final drive after being down three with a passing touchdown from Patrick Mahomes to Mecole Hardman. Junior football fanatic Gavin Brown had this to say. “I think the Chiefs won because of the bad turnovers from the 49ers”