Champaign Central Chronicle

The Student News Site of Champaign Central High School

Champaign Central Chronicle

Champaign Central Chronicle

Mariclare Bakes: Back to School

Since it is back-to-school time, I wanted to make something you could bring to school and share with your friends or teachers. Cookies are the perfect dessert to bring to school: they’re durable, not too large, and delicious. Basically, everyone loves them. But I wanted to do something more special than just plain chocolate chip cookies. So I decided to make a Crumbl Cookie copycat recipe. I had just tried Crumbl for the first time the other week, specifically the Snickerdoodle cupcake cookie. It was amazing, so I decided that I wanted to recreate it and have other people try it. I think the recreation was pretty spot on. This cookie is delicious with the perfect amount of cinnamon and sweetness. Your friends, family, or teachers will love them too!

FYI: I used Cooking With Karli for my recipe 

Recipe

Ingredients: 

Cookie-

1 1/2 cups salted butter softened

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

3 eggs

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

3 tsp baking powder

1 tsp cinnamon

Cinnamon sugar-

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

Cream Cheese Frosting 

8 oz cream cheese at room temperature

1/4 cup butter softened

2 tsp vanilla extract

4 cups powdered sugar

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add all the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to a bowl and whisk together.
  3. Next add all the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract to a separate bowl and mix.
  4. Then combine the two together and stir until fully combined and a dough is formed.
  5. Next, make the cinnamon-sugar mixture, add the cinnamon and sugar to a bowl, and mix.
  6. Once done, scoop and shape the dough into medium-sized balls.
  7. Take the dough and roll it in the cinnamon sugar making sure the sugar is fully covering the dough.
  8. Once all of the dough is covered, bake the cookies for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. 
  9. While the cookies are baking, make the cream cheese frosting by adding the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract to a bowl and beating until smooth.
  10. Then slowly add the powdered sugar while mixing until fully incorporated and smooth.
  11. Once the cookies are done baking, let them fully cool.
  12. Once cooled, you can frost the cookies and enjoy!

Reviews:

Murphy Wilberg: 10/10- “I like how it’s not too sweet, but it’s like just the right amount of sweetness.”

Allie Tucker: 10/10-“It’s so good the frosting is really good and it has the right amount of cinnamon.”

Charlotte Chesser: 9.75/10- “The frosting is really nice and light, the cookie is really nice and cakey.”

Mr. Reid: 9/10 “It would be better if it had chocolate in it and cinnamon, basically I want a twix bar, but the icing, I thought it was going to suck but it didn’t suck, I am pleasantly surprised.”